Journal of Pharmaceutical Development and Industrial Pharmacy is an international peer-reviewed, Open Access journal published by Digital Pharm and scientifically managed by Good Manufacturing Practice Research Group, University of Nigeria. The journal publishes original papers, reviews and mini-reviews. It is a scientific online journal and publishes monthly.
The scope of the journal include Pharmaceutical Technology, Industrial Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Biotechnology, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical chemistry and analysis, In silico modeling and bioinformatics, Pharmaceutical Development, Quality by Design (QbD), Optimization, Good Manufacturing Practice and formulation science.
Types of Manuscript
- Original Research Papers
Submission of Manuscript
All manuscripts must be in English and in Microsoft MS Word format. Manuscripts should be submitted using the online platform or via email to email@example.com. The e-mail addresses and/or telephone numbers of all authors should be provided.. Images for any manuscript should not exceed 200 kilobytes unless prior authorization is received from the editor-in-chief. Authors may submit the names, affiliations and addresses (including e-mail) of expert reviewers or those they do not want to review their papers.
Authors who wish to have their manuscripts reviewed by a company that specializes in medical editing and proofreading prior to journal submission, should send their documents to BioScience Writers (www.biosciencewriters.com) for fast personalized editing services.
Inquiries may be directed to:
Journal of Pharmaceutical Development and Industrial Pharmacy,
C/o Good Manufacturing Practice Research Group
University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
A manuscript submission implies that the manuscript has not been published previously and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. Authors would be required to fill and sign a copyright form that would be provided by the editor and this transfers copyright to the publishers of the Journal before the manuscript can be accepted for publication.
Authors using animals and human subjects in their investigations must seek approval from the appropriate Ethical Committee and should follow accepted guidelines in international declarations or conventions. The method section must include a statement to prove that the investigation was approved and that necessary consent was obtained.
Conflict of Interest
All authors are requested to disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest including any financial, personal or other relationships with other persons, organizations or companies that could inappropriately influence, or be perceived to influence, their work.
The preferred format of all manuscript is MS Word. Illustrations (figures), images and tables must be inserted in the manuscript at the position they should appear when published.
The language of the journal is English. Each manuscript should be typed double-spaced on A4 (8.5" × 11") paper size with 1 inch margins. It should be arranged in the following order:
- Results and Discussion
- Conflict of Interest
First page of manuscript
This should include the title of the article, authors’ names (with full first name, initial and then the last name/surname of each author) and their affiliations. The corresponding author must provide the full corresponding address (including telephone and e-mail address) at the bottom of the page.
Second page of manuscript
The ABSTRACT should be presented in the second page of the manuscript and keywords should appear at the bottom. The abstract should not be more than 250 words.
The abstract should contain a brief introduction and purpose of investigation, precise description of methods, Major results or findings and a final conclusion from data obtained.Keywords
Include between 3 and 6 keywords for indexing purposes. The keywords should be separated by semicolons.
- Materials and Methods
- Results and Discussion
- Conflict of Interest
State the aim or objectives of the work and provide an adequate background, avoiding a detailed literature survey.Material and methods
Provide sufficient detail to allow the work to be reproduced. Methods that have been earlier published should be indicated by a reference. Only relevant modifications should be described.Results and Discussions
Results should be clear and concise. You should report what you found. The significance of the results of the work should be discussed. Avoid extensive citations and discussion of published literature. The use of subheadings or subsections to divide the text is encouraged. Explain what your findings mean, using the literature to compare and contrast your data. The literature should be used as evidence to support the argument based on your research findings. Explain the significance of your results and their practical implications.Conclusion
The conclusion should be a brief paragraph, containing 2 to 4 sentences, that summarizes the findings presented. You must state if your findings support your hypothesis.Acknowledgement
Conflict of Interest
References should be typed single-spaced and numbered consecutively in the order in which they are cited in the text. Arabic numerals (enclosed in squared brackets, eg., , [1,3,5] or [1-4]) should be used in citing references in the text. The squared brackets MUST NOT be used anywhere else in the text to allow easy xml file coding. Index Medicus Style of abbreviations should be used for journals cited. For correct abbreviations visit http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/jbrowser.html.
Unpublished work should not be included in the list of references. References should be listed using the following order:
Journal Article: If there are more than 10 authors, only the first 10 authors should be listed and the others should be represented with "et al."
- References containing Volume with issues: Agubata CO, Okereke C, Nzekwe IT, Onoja RI, Obitte NC. Development and evaluation of wound healing hydrogels based on quinolone, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose and biodegradable microfibers. Eur. J. Pharm Sci 2016; 89: 1-10
- References containing Volume without Issue: Mirza S, Miroshnyk I, Habib MJ, Brausch JF, Hussain MD. Enhanced dissolution and oral bioavailability of piroxicam formulations: Modulating effect of phospholipids. Pharmaceutics 2010; 2: 339-350.
- References containing Volume with parts: Hanley C. Metaphysics and innateness: a psychoanalytic perspective. Int J Psychoanal 1988;69 (Pt 3):89-99.
- References containing No Issue or Volume: Danoek K. Skiing in and through the history of medicine. Nord Medicinhist Arsb 1982: 86-100.
- References containing Issue but No Volume: Baumeister AA. Origins and control of stereotyped movements. Monogr Am Assoc Ment Defic 1978; (3): 353-384.
- References containing Issue with parts: Edwards L, Meyskens F, Levine N. Effect of oral isotretinoin on dysplastic nevi. J Am Acad Dermatol 1989; 20 (2 Pt 1):257-260.
Monograph: Matthews DE, Farewell VT. Using and Understanding Medical Statistics, ed 3, revised. Basel, Karger, 1996.
- Entire book: Ohlsen, Merle M.; Horne, Arthur M.; Lowe, Charles F. Group counseling. New York: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston; 1988. 416 p.
- Editors: Diener, Hans-Christoph; Wilkinson, Marcia, editors. Drug-induced headache. New York: Springer-Verlag; 1988. 173 p.
- Contribution to book: Wyllie AH, Kerr JFR, Currie AR. Cell death: the significance of apoptosis. In: Bourne GH, Danielli JF, Jeon KW, editors. International review of cytology. London: Academic; 1980. p. 251–306.
- The edition of the book can come after the title of the book, in-between two fullstops eg ….title of book. 3rd Edition. London….
Tables should be numbered with arabic numerals. Each table should be typed using a table format (ie, each variable must be typed into a separate cell in the table) with only horizontal lines above and below the table column headers and at the bottom of the table (using 1 pt for the top and bottom lines and ½ pt for any middle line). The tables should not include vertical lines. Each table MUST be inserted at the appropriate position in the text just below where it was referred to the first time. The title should be typed at the top of the table in the sentence case format. Any footnote should be typed at the top and bottom of the table in italic.Figures or Illustrations
Figures should be professionally drawn electronically and inserted in the appropriate position where it was first cited within the text. Symbols, lettering, and numbering should not be in bold print and should be clear and large enough to remain legible (be at least 9 points in size) after the figure has been reduced to half of the original size. The legend and any footnote for each figure should be typed below the figure. All Photographs must be clear and sharp.Graphical Abstract
Authors are required to submit a graphical abstract as a separate file. This should include the Title of the work, Authors’ names and the illustrations/ image/ actual graphical abstract.
Once a manuscript is accepted for publication, the author(s) will be required to pay a publication processing charge of N5,000 for articles from Nigerian authors and US$30 for articles from foreign authors, before the accepted paper is published.
Unless indicated otherwise, galley proofs are usually sent to the address given for correspondence. It is the responsibility of the corresponding author to ensure that the galley proofs are correct and returned without delay.
Original Reseach Articles ( 1 )
Reviews ( 0 )
Mini Reviews ( 4 )
Special features of jpdip.com
- Accepting papers in areas of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences related to Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing
- Provides an online platform for sharing research information among our authors. Digital Pharm Research Network
- Information on Conferences, Fellowships, Scholarships, Travel Grants